Learn the differences:
|Was the breeder responsible — or irresponsible?|
There are only TWO types of breeders:
responsible and knowledgeable
OR irresponsible and unknowledgeable
|What do responsible, knowledgeable breeders look like?|
- Responsible, knowledgeable breeders breed dogs together only when BOTH dogs have been medically tested for genetic health problems. Which health problems varies from euro to American pedigree’s. A responsible, knowledgeable breeder knows which tests are required for his breed. ~Thyroid, hip, cardio~
- Responsible, knowledgeable breeders breed dogs together only when BOTH dogs have excellent temperaments, i.e. not nervous, timid, shy, hyperactive, or aggressive.
- Responsible, knowledgeable breeders understand genetics — so they don’t breed closely-related dogs. The same name should NOT appear on both sides of the pedigree.To learn why not, read:
Purebred Dogs vs.
Mixed Breed Dogs
- Responsible, knowledgeable breeders sell their own puppies, right from their own home. They let you meet the parents and see where your future puppy has been living~so ask~ also ask if they breed dogs for a living (main income) or hobby? The will make you sign a bill of sale / health guarantee along with if you are unable to keep the dog/pup will take it back at any time during it’s lifetime, they would never want there offspring to go to a shelter or rescue. They also aptitude test there puppies for there future homes so these issues don’t arrise.
- Responsible, knowledgeable breeders do things with their dogs other than just breeding them. They are involved in canine activities such as obedience, agility, rescue,swimming, dog clubs, conformation and so on.
- Responsible, knowledgeable breeders can give other responsible, knowledgeable breeders as references. (NOT just a list of “satisfied” puppy buyers, who probably know much less than YOU do about what makes a breeder good or bad.) Ask for there vet, or another reputable breders phone # as well as there standings with the American Kennel Club~AKC~ or boxer club
- Puppy Apitude Test there puppies for there new families needs! Please read about this testing here on my website, it helps you get the puppy of your dreams.
Please think seriously about this, because your decision to buy from a particular breeder will affect future dogs for many years to come as well as their owners.
Whoever you buy from will most likely breed again — because you have rewarded them with money.
Don’t encourage unreputable or unknowledgeable people to keep doing what they’re doing. Buy only from someone who has done all the right things. Someone who deserves to be rewarded and encouraged for there vast knowledge, and true love of the best breed ever the BOXER!
I found this and much more on your www.purebredpuppy.com, please look and learn